Mirror, Mirror On the Wall...
Over the past two weeks our team at Echidna has attended and been recognized at two (exciting and fun!) local events –
- The 60-Second Pitch Awards Celebration and Community Mixer hosted by Techalliance
- The 2010 IABC London Virtuoso Awards
Not only have these events been a great place to meet new people and discuss new business opportunities, but the events have forced us to step back and reflect on our company’s accomplishments, culture and overall long-term goals.
Although hosted by two different organizations, the 60-Second Pitch and Virtuosos Awards really focus and celebrate companies (and individuals) for the same types of accomplishments. Whether you’re preparing a work plan or rehearsing a speech – you’re reflecting on the same things that makes your projects and business successful.
- Focus on presenting a need, opportunity or pain point that you or your business can solve
- Explain how your solution or business can help solve that need, opportunity or pain point
- Focus on how your solution or company stands out from its competitors
- Describe your business’ overall goals and objectives
- Measure, verify and explain how you’ve met those goals
No matter what event you’re attending, project you’re beginning or challenges you’re facing – it’s always a good idea to reflect back on success’ and failures so you can improve on them in the future. Thanks again to the 60-Second Pitch and Virtuosos Awards for allowing all of us at Echidna to do so – and congratulations to all of the winners!