Whether you’re in the tech community, a web developer or not, Google + is the new buzz word in town. With Circles, Sparks, Hangouts and more, Google is jumping on the social networking bandwagon and is giving Facebook a run for their money!
So what makes Google + so unique?
1. Circles: you are able to group different people into different networks. Circles allow people to put friends in one circle, family in another and so on and so forth. The point of Circles is to allow users to share the right information with the right people.
2. Sparks: is a collection of articles, videos, photos and other content grouped by interest. Instead of searching for articles or videos you would like to read and watch Sparks does that for you. With Sparks, you can view articles and videos that are selected for you because it looks for resources it thinks you’ll be interested in.
3. Hangouts: instead of meeting up with friends in person to hangout, you and your friends can meet online. With Hangouts, you are signaled when someone comes into the web for the first-time. As well, it lets your buddies know you’re hanging out and see who drops by for a face-to-face chat.
4. Instant Upload: you no longer need to worry and go through the hassle of uploading photos on the web. Any photo or video you take on your phone through Google+ will automatically be uploaded to your computer. These pictures and videos are ready to share so go on and say cheese!
5. Huddle: tired of texting 8 different people at once to arrange one simple thing? That no longer is a problem, with Huddle you can connect everyone by joining in on a simple group chat.
Of course, only time will tell the success of this new social network and I don’t believe Facebook is leaving us anytime soon, but…get ready for some great new social networking features!