WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is a digital solutions team, specializing in Drupal, with a track record of providing our clients with an exceptional experience both in our customer service and technical execution. Recent client engagements include TVOntario, Dartmouth College, Fanshawe College, Kingston General Hospital and many other large scale sites with thousands of pages of content.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results driven but laid back, professional, supportive work environment while working with great clients across Canada and the US. On top of this, you will get access to some of the best equipment in the industry to do your job. There are many opportunities to travel throughout North America to meet and interact with clients and attend conferences for professional development. Check out our digs in this video.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a new team member who is eager to solve client- and internal-facing server related problems. Your role will also involve supporting, testing, debugging and developing solutions on Drupal websites.
- Support Echidnet and Drupal client hosting questions beyond the basic requirement questions.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with client servers and hosting environments.
- Keep the hosting playbook up to date.
- Setup Solr hosting for client deployments.
- Setup development, staging, and production environments for client sites.
- Run integration with third party technology’s servers (sharepoint, media server, LDAP, SSO).
- Administration of internal Server/VM.
- Setup and maintain third-party software (Jenkins, etc).
- Prepare and distribute computers to new employees (user workstations).
- Provide support for employees having issues with local development environments, networks, or other computer issues.
- Setup and support desktop development environments.
- Keep software list up to date and monitor for security issues.
- Provide setup, maintenance and administration of Echidna’s development site and server.
- Supervise and maintain operation of on-site network and server infrastructure.
- Maintain accurate and consistent documentation of environments (desktop inventory, servers, networking equipment, etc).
- Implement new solutions to aid in developer productivity (automation, continuous integration, etc).
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new solutions for system-related problems.
TO SUCCEED IN THE: ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience setting up and maintaining client and internal servers.
- 3+ years of experience with backend development and creating ad hoc solutions.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science.
- Passion for technology and the web.
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time.
- Strong problem solving skills and proven ability to take initiative and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills.
- Knowledge of PHP & MySQL
- Knowledge of Python
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your LinkedIN profile page, cover letter, resume and any projects you may be particularly proud of to [email protected] with the subject line “System Administrator application”. Please note that no phone calls will be accepted.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.