Support Development Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is a digital solutions team, specializing in Drupal, with a track record of providing our clients with an exceptional experience both in our customer service and technical execution. Recent client engagements include TVOntario, Dartmouth College, Fanshawe College, Kingston General Hospital and many other large scale sites with thousands of pages of content.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results driven but laid back, professional, supportive work environment while working with great clients across Canada and the US. On top of this, you will get access to some of the best equipment in the industry to do your job. There are many opportunities to travel throughout North America to meet and interact with clients and attend conferences for professional development. Check out our digs in this video.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Support Development Manager who is equally adept at leading and motivating a team, as he or she is rolling up their sleeves and doing some of the hands-on work.
Support Technical Leadership
- Manage and assign the support team’s daily activities and tickets as needed.
- Assist the support team by performing hands-on development work as needed.
- Track resources to ensure proper client management, workflow scheduling, and prioritization of both work and talent.
- Report department metrics to the Director of Development.
- Enhance our tools and processes through a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to team members to help overcome challenges or constraints.
- Establish a technical vision for the initiative of the support team.
- Demonstrate technical excellence by organizing technical knowledge and information communicated to and received from customers and nurturing and enforcing technical standards.
- Work with the Director of Development to improve processes and standards to streamline ad-hoc/troubleshooting deliverables.
- Update task tools to show progress.
- Provide time to completion estimates for specific components of work.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize tickets in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide updates to management on resource requirements, deficiencies and team feedback.
- Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews of your team.
- Provide career development advice and coaching for your team’s professional development.
- Assist your team in setting personal goals and developing an action plan to achieve those goals.
- Support your team to ensure team objectives are met or exceeded.
- Emphasize and focus on our clients’ needs and our commitment to delivering the highest-quality of ongoing support in our industry.
- Ensure the expectations of our Service Level Agreements with clients are met and/or exceeded.
- Deal with customer concerns, complaints and issues through effective customer service and communication skills.
- Effectively manage client budgets and company resources.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE, YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree in MultiMedia, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field.
- 5+ years of web development experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of developers.
- 3+ years of experience developing Drupal projects.
- Strong content management system support experience and proven Quality Assurance/testing abilities on the Drupal CMS platform.
- Proven experience resolving highly complex technical challenges and dealing with stressful scenarios.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and time manage while keeping a positive attitude.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, decision-making, and motivational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professional conduct with a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to capture knowledge and experience of a development team.
- Broad knowledge of web development, development methodologies, and object-oriented programming languages.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume or LinkedIN profile page to our Human Resources Coordinator, Emily Galan at [email protected] with the subject line “Support Development Manager application”. Please note that no phone calls will be accepted.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.