Intermediate Backend Developer
WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is a digital solutions team, specializing in Drupal, with a track record of providing our clients with an exceptional experience both in our customer service and technical execution. Recent client engagements include TVOntario, Dartmouth College, Fanshawe College, Kingston General Hospital and many other large scale sites with thousands of pages of content.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results driven but laid back, professional, supportive work environment while working with great clients across Canada and the US. On top of this, you will get access to some of the best equipment in the industry to do your job. There are many opportunities to travel throughout North America to meet and interact with clients and attend conferences for professional development. Check out our digs in this video.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our innovative development team to design and execute high quality web solutions. Your role will require you to be an effective problem-solver and team player. WARNING: You will talk and learn a lot about Drupal, to the point that you might start to dream about it at night!
- Strong focus on backend development using web related technologies.
- Develop, support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability websites and web applications.
- Participate in code reviews and resolve change requests.
- Stay current on browser/platform capabilities and traditional design and engineering disciplines.
- Maintain and continually expand upon expert knowledge of multiple languages, frameworks, tools, devices, applications, mobile devices and their capabilities.
- Create new custom modules when necessary to enhance Drupal features.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ years of development experience with a focus on backend development.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Advanced PHP and MySQL skills.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly identify and fix bugs.
- Capability to work independently on individual project components as well as work effectively as part of a team to integrate these components into complete applications.
- Advanced ability to customize Drupal Modules (with MySQL database integration).
- Knowledge of Symfony/Codeigniter/Laravel framework.
- Ability to conduct automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to make sites accessible (WCAG AA).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of LDAP, SSO and Solr servers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your LinkedIN profile page or cover letter and resume, along with any relevant online accounts such as github, stackoverflow or any projects you may be particularly proud of to [email protected] with the subject line “Intermediate Backend Developer application”. Please note that no phone calls will be accepted.
Submission examples could include:
- Code samples
- URLs to websites/projects that you have developed
- Github url
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.