DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER
WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is a digital solutions team, specializing in Drupal, with a track record of providing our clients with an exceptional experience both in our customer service and technical execution. Recent client engagements include TVOntario, Dartmouth College, Fanshawe College, Kingston General Hospital and many other large scale sites with thousands of pages of content.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results driven but laid back, professional, supportive work environment while working with great clients across Canada and the US. On top of this you also get access to some of the best equipment in the industry to do your job. You will also receive opportunities to travel throughout North America to clients and conferences. Check out our digs in this video.
If you've grown tired of building tiny sites to support marketing efforts, this is your chance to impact some of the largest and most visited sites in the region.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
A highly motivated intermediate to senior level member to join our client services team. This is a very challenging position that requires you to deal with many different types of clients as well as as a team of developers and designers with an array of different personalities.
The person filling this position would perform an array of tasks on a client services team. Percentages as to the most frequent types of tasks are provided below.
Account Management (20%)
- Act as main client contact for executive project sponsors providing these clients with high-value solutions
- Lead project team members, agency resources and project workflow process
- Provide clients with innovative short and long term strategic & technical guidance
- Develop a positive and partnering relationship with all clients
- Take the lead role in assisting in building the client’s business and generating new strategies for agency-client partnerships
- Create time and value estimates for existing clients
- Assist team with influencing clients and handling disagreements
Project Leadership (45%)
- Act as main client contact for project team leader from the client side
- Lead and execute all project tactics
- Develop and maintain an achievable project schedule
- Author project documents i.e. findings, recommendations and technical specifications with the assistance of other team members where necessary
- Influence the client to make clear, quick and concise project decisions
- Provide clear communication between client and web development team
- Offer various or alternative solutions to feature requests
- Ensure that the project team produces all client work with highest level of quality. On time, and on budget
- Identify “out of scope” items
- Refine schedule where necessary throughout the lifespan of a project
- Perform various “site building” functions in Drupal
- Understand and educate clients on Drupal terminology and project workflow
- Train client end users on all site functionality
- Document end solution and prepare project for handoff to support team
Project Coordination (30%)
- Record and report frequent “Project Summary Reports”
- Track ongoing project risks, action, issues and decisions in RAID log
- Ensure communication is flowing amongst all team members (internal and external)
- Create and maintain project task board with tickets/cards
- Perform frequent check-ins with client team to ensure they are delivering “on-time” required materials and decisions
- Perform frequent check-ins with internal team members to ensure they are “on schedule” with their commitments
- Monitor adherence to project schedule
New Business Development (5%)
- Participate in networking events within the SWO community
- Seek out speaking engagements within targeted business verticals
- Learn more about existing top tier clients in order to identify business opportunities not just within their organization but in their business vertical
- Solicit and create interactions with key decision makers within targeted business verticals
- Preach the benefits of a Drupal-based solution
- Complete RFP opportunities
- Attend short-list presentations to pitch your solution
Proficient in MS Office, interest in technology, tech-savvy (not programming), extreme organization, excellent communicator, public speaker, ability to make presentations
Drupal CMS usage, agency experience, PMI certification
Salary is negotiable if we both think this is a great fit. The pay band for this position is $45,000 - $70,000 base depending on your experience. You will also get access to our unlimited vacation/PTO policy (which sees staff typically taking between 3 and 4 weeks off) plus 10 statutory holidays and a health spending account of $1,200 - $1,800/year.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resume that includes a LinkedIn profile and cover letter outlining your most relevant web project experiences. Horror stories that you have solved are most welcome. Send everything to: [email protected] - please don't call me, I really am an email guy.