We are looking for a Support Manager who is equally adept at leading and motivating a team, as he or she is rolling up their sleeves and doing some of the hands-on technical work.
In this role, you will be tasked with motivating and managing a team of developers dedicated to supporting our clients’ on-going support needs. Your responsibilities will include mentoring staff, helping people reach their performance goals, and ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to -- and all of this with a primary focus on our clients’ needs and our commitment to delivering the highest-quality ongoing support in the industry.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing the support team’s day-to-day activities;
- Supporting the team by performing hands-on technical work as required;
- Ensuring the expectations of our Service Level Agreements are met;
- Effectively managing budget and resources and
- Dealing with customer concerns through effective customer service and communications skills;
- Tracking and resourcing to ensure proper client management, workflow scheduling, and prioritization of both work and talent;
- Reporting of departmental metrics to senior management; and
- Enhancing our tools and processes through a focus on continuous improvement;
In the future, this role will include responsibilities, in conjunction with our Human Resources Coordinator, for support staff training, coaching, employee recognition, and support performance management.
To be qualified for this role, you will require:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, communications business, a relevant software/computer/communications-related field;
- Over five years of support experience, with a minimum of two years in a management or supervisory role;
- A strong technical background;
- Strong content management system support experience and proven QA/testing abilities on a CMS platform;
- Proven experience resolving highly complex technical challenges and dealing with stressful scenarios;
- Professional oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent leadership, organizational, decision-making, and motivational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities; and
- Strong familiarity with web technology
Additional skills, such as Drupal knowledge, workforce management support experience with CMS, and Linux server or hosting knowledge would be an asset.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this position, please e-mail human resources coordinator Emily Galan.