WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is a digital solutions team, specializing in Drupal, with a track record of providing our clients with an exceptional experience both in our customer service and technical execution. Recent client engagements include TVOntario, Dartmouth College, Fanshawe College, Kingston General Hospital and many other large scale sites with thousands of pages of content.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results driven but laid back, professional, supportive work environment while working with great clients across Canada and the US. On top of this you also get access to some of the best equipment in the industry to do your job. You will also receive opportunities to travel throughout North America to clients and conferences. Check out our digs in this video.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
A new team member to work as a part of our development team to design and execute web solutions. Your role will see you , develop, support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability Drupal websites.
- Identifying, reviewing, and configuring Drupal contrib modules to deliver the required websites/applications;
- Creating new custom modules when necessary to enhance Drupal features;
- Participating in code reviews and resolving change requests;
- Producing technical documentation; and
- Learning new technologies and applying them to projects.
- Minimum 2 – 3 year Community College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Continual updating on related industry topics
TO SUCCEED IN THE: ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Experience building features with Drupal along with experience developing custom modules and themes;
- Professional experience building application and features in Drupal for a large scale websites;
- The ability to understand Drupal API and a commitment to following Drupal standards for coding and commenting;
- PHP programming knowledge;
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries;
- Experience using Drush and creating custom drush commands;
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git);
- Experience with Acquia and/or Pantheon platforms;
- Experience with Responsive Development best practices;
- Strong knowledge and experience of cross-browser/platform testing, including identifying and resolving bugs; and
- Professionalism and excellence in communication
- Symfony framework
- Automation Testing
- Continuous Integration
- Making sites accessible (WCAG AA)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your LinkedIn profile page OR resume, relevant online accounts such as github, stackoverflow, and any projects you may be particularly proud of to: [email protected] with the subject line 'Web Developer application'. . Please note that no phone calls will be accepted.
You must provide an example of your web work to be considered for an interview. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Code samples
- URLs to websites/projects that you've developed.
- github url
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.